Through SHINE, our hope is to bring moms together to cultivate friendships, support systems, mentoring, and above all else, share the love of Christ with the community. We exist to show mothers they are not alone in their daily endeavors. We want to teach them to lean on and learn from Christ and other godly examples. To show them how to embrace the chaos and understand there is a purpose and a plan for their life already set forth by the Creator Himself. We want to show you HOW to SHINE and that you can’t do it on your own. There is ONE who loves you more than anything and wants to help you be the mother He has called you to be. And if you don’t know the ONE we are speaking of, we want to introduce you to Him.
Here’s What We Believe:
- A relationship with Jesus is vital for every day of motherhood. We can’t do this alone, nor should we have to. We are here to help one another along in our journey through motherhood. A core group of trusted, godly friends and mentors is important to help us along the way.
- There is no perfect mother, nor will there ever be. That is why we must lean on the grace of God, ask forgiveness when we mess up, and be willing to try again.
- When we depend on Jesus to get us through, we see all our relationships flourish: relationships with our husband, our children, our friends, and even strangers.
- When our life is committed to Christ and we give Him full control, we “shine” His light to a lost and dying world.
So, what do we want to do here at SHINE?
- First, we want to make every mom feel welcome, no matter what her situation or status. There are no age limits, no restrictions. If you are a mother, you are welcome here. (This includes single moms, foster moms, adoptive moms, ALL MOMS. I cannot stress enough that you are welcome and you are wanted.)
- We also want to share the love of Jesus with the community through social outreach programs, volunteer opportunities, and so on. We want all moms in the community to know they have a safe place to go once a month for food, friendship, and a night off.
- Eventually, we would love to provide mentor moms that have “been there” and want to follow the instruction set forth in Titus 2.
- And, lastly, we want to SHINE His light every chance we get. THIS is why we are here. To show the world there is something different. There is a way to SHINE in a dark, dreary world that seems so against motherhood and how special it truly is.
Motherhood is tough, but you don’t have to go through it alone. We are here, excited to get to know you, and even more excited to help you SHINE.